Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday Tommy!

Today is Tommy's 1st Birthday!
What a big day - he's wearing his 1st Birthday Boy t-shirt and a big Happy Birthday message is written all over the windows at daycare. What a lucky guy! I can't believe he is already one. What a wonderful, FAST and exciting first year. We have learned so much, and grown so much together as a family. It's hard to remember life-before-Tommy... we have so much love for him. What did we do with all of that love before?? It just shows how much love the human heart is capable of - it is endless. A year ago right now, I was in the last 15 minutes of pushing, and I had no idea how much my life was about to change. Yes, I knew I was going to be caring for a baby soon, and that we'd be parents, but nothing could prepare me for the heart-swelling emotion I felt when the doctor laid Tommy on my chest. I'll never forget it. Parenthood is such a blessing, yet so much work - and worth every ounce. Tommy - we love you so much - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
ps... I'm having camera/computer problems, so you'll have to wait for the adorable photos I took of him this morning in his bday outfit. I'm bummed.

No comments: